Recorded on October 29, 2021, this panel discussion considered forms of non-citizenship and marginalization around the world, with a special focus on refugees, stateless people, and undocumented migrants.
- Noora Lori, Assistant Professor of International Relations, Pardee School of Global Studies, Boston University
- Itamar Mann, Senior Lecturer, University of Haifa, Faculty of Law
- Cecilia Menjívar, Dorothy L. Meier Social Equities Chair, Professor of Sociology, UCLA
- Serena Parekh, Professor of Philosophy, Northeastern University
- Irene Bloemraad (Moderator), Class of 1951 Professor of Sociology, UC Berkeley; Founding Director, Berkeley Interdisciplinary Migration Initiative (BIMI)
The event was presented as part of the Matrix on Point discussion series, which promotes focused, cross-disciplinary conversations on today’s most pressing contemporary issues. Offering opportunities for scholarly exchange and interaction, each Matrix On Point features the perspectives of leading scholars and specialists from different disciplines, followed by an open conversation. These thought-provoking events are free and open to the public.
Co-sponsored by Social Science Matrix (https://matrix.berkeley.edu) and the Berkeley Interdisciplinary Migration Initiative, or BIMI (https://bimi.berkeley.edu/).